Seeking ways to recover Word documents? Use the best Word document recovery software to recover the deleted/lost Word documents in Windows on this page.
Keywords: recover word document, how to recover deleted word documents, how to recover lost word document
How do I recover a Microsoft Word document?
“Help! I pressed “Shift + Delete” to remove some Word files from my PC. Recently, I want to restore them but failed to find them in my Recycle Bin. What’s worse, I haven’t made backups before. So is it possible to recover lost Word documents? Thanks.”
Please don’t be concerned because it’s possible for you to recover the Word documents. If you cannot see your deleted Word documents in the Recycle Bin, which implies your desired Word files are in a permanently deleted state.
How to recover Word documents in Windows?
So how to recover lost Word documents? If there’re backups for you, you can restore the deleted/lost Word documents from these backups. Without backups, you could seek help from professional Word document recovery software.
And it is the best way to recover Word documents because data recovery software offers maximum possibilities and minimum restrictions.
Moreover, you’re supposed not to add new data to your PC or other electronic storage devices. Because new data could overwrite the free space where stores the deleted/lost data. After data coverage, your deleted/lost Word documents will become irrecoverable. This tip also applies to iPhone data recovery.
Recover the deleted/lost Word documents with Word document recovery software
Functionality, flexibility, and user-friendliness are good measurements for newcomers to select a reliable Word document recovery software. Please have a closer look at these features.
►Functionality & flexibility:
A powerful program can offer users many exciting functions for Windows data recovery.
Users can make a flexible choice according to the provided varied functions and his/her own needs.
Be compatible with different Windows OS and provide easy-to-follow operating steps.
At the moment, perhaps AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows can cater to your above requirements due to the following highlights.
- Besides HDD, you can use it to recover the deleted/lost files from portable devices such as USB, SD cards, etc.
- Recover Word, Excel, PPT, Photos, Videos, Audio, Emails, Compressed files, and other 200+ types of data.
- Get the original format for the deleted/lost data.
- Run Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers.
- During scanning, you can search your targeted Word documents by entering their filenames in the search bar.
So don’t hesitate to download it on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server. This data recovery software also can support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Step 1. After running this tool on your PC, select the disk/partition that includes your needed Word documents before data loss. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. During scanning, you can search or wait to see all the deleted Word documents and other missing files of your selected disk/partition.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted files folder, and select the Word files you want to restore. Then click the “Recover x files” button. Please store them in your specified saved path.
If there’s no sign of your desired Word documents in the Deleted files folder, please go to the Other missing folder.
This post lists the best way for you to recover Word documents in Windows 7/8/10/11. Utilizing trustable Word document recovery software like AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows could be the top choice for those users who don’t have backups.
In the final analysis, regular backups are the best data loss prevention measures. If you need, please refer to the following data loss prevention tips.
- Open your Microsoft Word, then click File > Options > Advanced. Under the Save option, tick Always create a backup copy > OK.
- Take advantage of free Windows features such as Backup and Restore or File History to back up files and folders in Windows operating system.
- In this scenario, you can use data loss prevention software like AOMEI Backupper to make a “File Backup” without paying.